Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3

Post by rct3fan00 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

I'm sure you probably heard that MW3 will be coming out this Fall. What do you guys think? Will it be any better than MW2? Or just enhanced graphics and different guns and levels and such? Or do you think it will be much better?

In my opinion... I'm hoping for it to be an amazing game, and I will get it when ever I have the chance.

Tell me what you think.

rct3fan00
--------------------------

View user profile http://freewebs.com/rct3fan00

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3

Post by Greg Hutchinson on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 am

I don't think it will beat Modern Warfare 2 for one reason: MW2 always will remain the best, in my opinion. However, I do believe it will be epic. Also I am getting this game for my birthday, since that is two days after the game comes out.

And Rctfan, Do you happen to have a Playstation3?

Greg Hutchinson

View user profile http://www.newmbopal.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Valentino on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 am

I think that the franchise really started to go down the hole when Black Ops came out. In my opinion, it's way too easy to kill people in the game. You don't even need to have that good an aim, unless you're far away.

I'm sure the game will still be fun, but it will probably be almost a carbon copy of the other games. MW3... What other war can you base another game off of...

Well, have fun with that. I'll stick to my Halo. Smile

Ian Valentino

View user profile http://teamgaming.team-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Marble2 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 am

I have never played any MW game, but it's all the same stuff from what I see they haven't changed any major gameplay really. Also on Ian's point of to easy to kill people, that's the way it should be people seem to think assault rifles have the power of handguns or something due to all these movies and games.

If I ever make a FPS(never going to happen, but heck I can dream) it will be very real(50. cal going thought walls, limping from getting shot, etc.) I don't think many people would play a game like that due to the fact that you die so fast and it's "to hard" also I huge problem I see is all these games say "work as a team" yet there are people flying out into the open by themselves trying to kill everyone. I think if you added that really hard element to it, removed your K/D ratio(All that does is make people want to hog kills and doesn't show how good you are). For example you could be a scout or something and not get any kills but you're I big help to your team because you're spotting the enemy. That's what MAG was trying to do, but they didn't take out the kill/death so everyone just wants to get their kill/death up and doesn't give a flying turtle about helping their team win.

Marble2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Valentino on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm

That's why I like Halo. You have to work with your team and you have to be accurate to make a kill.

I'm not saying Halo is more realistic, I'm saying it takes more skill.

(BTW, this is exactly the way I wanted this new forum to work. Actual talk about other games.)

Ian Valentino

Back to top Go down

Post by rct3fan00 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm

@Greg - I have an Xbox 360, as of now no PS3.

@Ian - I agree with most of your post, but I haven't always liked what "Treyarch" has done to the CoD series. World at War was a fail in my opinion. Same with Black Ops. I've always felt like MW and MW2 have always had a better "feel" and better "vibe" to it than Treyarchs creations. MW is also based off of realism, it may not be 100% realistic but also fun, but to the competitive gamers it can be a pain. Getting killed quick is the point, in real life it wouldn't take 25 shots from some sort of gun to kill someone. A few would do just fine in my opinion. Halo, yes requires more skill, is a bit more unrealistic, which doesn't matter, but to me doesn't seem very fun or repetitive. Yeah it's alright, i use to play it more than CoD, but now I feel like CoD might just be a bit better. Realistic, yet fun at the same time, I agree MW3 might not have any features that'll make gamers defecate, but it might be just as, or even a little bit better than MW2. But I could be wrong, I'll just have to wait.

@Marble2 Teamwork, eh I guess is pretty important, when i usually play many people work together, but I think mostly younger players, and or Noobs just go out and get themselves killed without strategy. I think MW is about thinking what to do next before doing it, sort of maybe planning things out a bit before charging. And you should probably try it sometime, I enjoy it and think its fun in my opinion. Smile

~Done

rct3fan00

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Valentino on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:06 pm

See, I think that CoD is much more "go out on your own" than Halo. Meh. This should be more focused on MW3 than Halo vs CoD...

I think MW3 will be a let down. Too much of the same stuff. I bet the campaign will be pretty repetitive as well.

Ian Valentino

Back to top Go down

Post by rct3fan00 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I agree a lot with that statement. MW3 might not be as everyone will hope, but I think its to keep people from suspense. And also, they make CoD games way too quick. They don't spend a long time on their games.

rct3fan00

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Hutchinson on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Well, PS3 Versions are a lot different than the Xbox versions, as of what I am hearing.

Let me explain a couple things.

Most Assualt Rifles in MW2 on PS3 take 15 Bullets. Famas and M16 are the only that take 3-6. Whereas the AK-47 takes around 7.

Shotguns cannot reach far on PS3, When I use them, I can't reach too far. Only about 5 ft with the AA-12! Spas12 is about 12 at the most in range.

Sniper rifles. Even with stopping power, it takes around 2 bullets on any of them, but the Intervention, due to the fact you cannot spray with the Intervention. The Intervention is a bolt-action, which in my opinion, takes more skill.

Pistols. Better than AR's if you have a good trigger finger Wink.

RPG'S. 1 Bullet. 2 With thumper (usually).

N00B Tubes. 2 Shells. 1 With danger close.

and etc.

I think its a bit different.

When me and my freind David play, we rely on eachother. We play Search and Destroy. One of us uses heartbeat sensor, while the other one mainly relys on getting the kills. Usually David uses the HBS. Like on Favela. David is behind me with the HBS. I'm infront throwing smoke grenades, and holding a Scar-H silenced or something like that. I ran into a building, triggered a claymore and went to the corner, and dodged it. David came in then. A guy sneaks around the corner, shooting David. I kill the guy right before David dies, and David survives. Then the guy had a Red-Tiger Scar-h silenced with a HBS, and I got 1 more kill, and it was the final kill, and of course, with David giving me support from below.

~Greg

Greg Hutchinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Marble2 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Why do people call it a noobtube? It's part of the game learn to deal with it. If it's so noobish then you should be able to kill them because noobs are using them.

Marble2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Hutchinson on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Noob Tube is the term Infinity Ward (Creators) gave the grenade launcher. Its called noob tube, because it is very cheap. It's a noob skill. It takes no skill to use. (Okay yes, aiming Razz)

Greg Hutchinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Valentino on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 am

All the more reason for everyone to use it, if it is so easy to use.

Ian Valentino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum